In this article, I am sharing about keys that are not using in normal context. Most of the daily or normal computer users are not familiar with these keys i.e. F1,…,F12 key located at the top of keyboard section. So, here I mention various functions and uses of these 12 different keys in your windows OS. Actually, these keys are very useful and shortcut method to apply the process (action) in Windows and also its application such as Word, PowerPoint, Outlook etc. Just follow and remember the command of these key importance in Windows Operating System.
Uses of F1-F12 Keys in Windows Operating System:-
Uses of F1 key:
- F1 key almost everywhere is used for “Help”. If you are using windows OS and want help anywhere then press F1 key, this will open up help windows for you.
- Sometimes, F1 key is used to “Enter the BIOS” (press F1 when your pc is about to boot)
- Combination of Win+F1 keys will open the “Help and Support” Microsoft Windows.
Uses of F2 key:
- Rapidly rename the chosen file or folder. (works in all adaptations of windows)
- Alt+Ctrl+F2 is also used to opens the Document as a Microsoft World.
- Ctrl+F2 opens the Preview window in Microsoft Word.
- Frequently to enter the BIOS.
Uses of F3 key:
- In the MS-DOS charge line or in windows, press F3 to rehash the last summon.
- Win+F3 gives Advanced Search windows opens in Microsoft Outlook.
- Shift+F3 changes the content in Microsoft word (from upper to lower case or capital letters at the start of each one expression)
- In the event that I am not mixed up it is the F3 key which will cause the Application <<Control>> computers Apple, running Mac OS X.
Uses of F4 key:
- This opens the location bar, in the event that you press F4 in windows Explorer and Internet Explorer.
- Rehash the last activity in Microsoft Word.
- Ctrl+F4 closes the windows open in the present windows like, a tab in the program.
- Alt+F4 closes the system windows in Windows.
Uses of F5 key:
- Refreshes the present page (works in al advanced programs) and additionally redesign the desktop or open organizers in Windows.
- Running a slide demonstrate in MS PowerPoint.
Uses of F6 key:
- Move the cursor in the location bar (additionally works in numerous advanced programs)
- Ctrl+Shift+F6 opens Document in Microsoft Word.
Use of F7 key:
- Mostly used for spelling and grammar in a document programs Microsoft Word, Outlook etc.
Use of F8 key:
- Pressing F8 key while your PC is about to boot will result into booting your PC in Safe Mode.
Use of F9 Key:
The F9 key does not have any functionality in windows. It may however be used in some individual programs. To find out if it is available in the program you are using, bring up the program’s help screen and type in the words function key.
Uses of F10 key:
- It activates ‘Menu’ in the open organizer window.
- Shift+F10 works same as the right mouse click.
- Pressing F10 while your system is booting will show you BIOS Information.
- F10 is used to enter the hidden recovery partition on computers Sony.
Use of F11 Key:
- F11 key will take you to Full Screen mode and it can be used and work in any browser.
Uses of F12 key:
- It opens the ‘Save As’ in Microsoft Word.
- Shift+F12 saves a document in Microsoft Word.
- Ctrl+Shift+F12 prints a document in Microsoft Word.
- F12 key will open up Inspect element box in any browser.
If you have any additional uses or functionalities of these key, please provide information in below comment section. Thank You!!